In the first phase, seven KGBVs of Lucknow region were contacted and each school was requested to select five girls. These girls were then called individually and asked the following questions
- What are your plans for the future?
- How did you plan? Do you have a role model?
- What qualities one must have for entering the field you have chosen?
- Do you have some of these qualities or strengths? Was there any incident that made you feel that this is what you should be aspiring for?
- Do you anticipate any hurdles or it will be smooth sailing?
- If you feel there will be hurdles, what will you do to overcome those?
Almost all the girls had dreams for a better future .
Most of the girls had set their sights on the commonly preferred goals, but some had very specific role models and sounded much focused.
Despite the fact that they have faced so many hardships due to poverty, none of them said that they wish to take up a profession solely to earn money .All of them wanted to serve the poor and help them get a fair deal from the society.
Most of the girls are aware of their rights.
The girls strongly believe that their teachers will be able to help them and that their parents will listen to their teachers.
FIRST – Prachi Yadav (KGBV, Kakori)
SECOND – Sweety Bantham (KGBV, Gossaiganj)
THIRD – Shivani Yadav (KGBV, Chinhat)